This page has moved to a new address.

Book Reviews - The Doomsday Key by James Rollins

Right What You No: Book Reviews - The Doomsday Key by James Rollins

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Book Reviews - The Doomsday Key by James Rollins


http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/147693104

Have you ever finished a book and felt like there was meant to be another chapter? Or is it that there was a chapter too many that makes you think there is more to the book? Either way, this is my second Rollins book and I have felt the same way after both. I'm unsure if this is a deliberate move by Rollins to make me want to read another of his books, or if it is just that I'm somehow unfulfilled by the end of his novels.

Guess I need to read another of his books to find out. Fortunately I have one on hand.


I'm giving this 3 stars, but it is really a 3.5 stars book. It was well written, intriguing enough, and moved at a brisk pace. So I really enjoyed reading this and would recommend it to anyone who likes the adventure/thriller style of novel.

Also with my background in agricultural science I was interested in the central themes. While most of the book was accurate I'd just like people to know not to think any of the GM things mentioned were plausible. I should also point out that imidacloprid has been implicated as one of many causes in CCD (bee colony decline). Yes it can have an effect a low concentrations on bees ability to forage, but it is one of many things impacting upon bees, and most research indicates that it is a combination of factors that is behind CCD.

More on Imi and bees.
http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/4968342-tyson-adams

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home